Have is used to mean eat or drink, and is used this way
especially in conversational English. If you want to talk about what you
eat or drink, you can use have for:
- I had a bagel for breakfast.
- I sometimes have pasta for lunch.
- Jack said he likes to have a glass of juice with dinner.
- What do you usually have for lunch?
- I had lunch at 1:30pm.
- I took lunch at 1:30pm.
- Jack always takes lunch at 12:30. Jack’s meal period at work is 12:30~1:00pm.
- What time did you take lunch today.
- I took a cup of coffee before starting work. Should be, “I had a cup of coffee…”
- I took some tea and a cookie for dessert. Should be, “I had some tea and a cookie…”
What do you usually have for lunch? Leave a comment here and let me know.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum